Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This morning I was awakened quite early by a dream. I've been grappling much with some things these last days, and they've all surfaced greatly this morning. My stomach has that dull sort of ache that comes from something I am incapable of resolving, so my Lord lead me to the stillness again this day.

When this blog began last December, silence had been placed upon me without my choosing. A very significant relationship was revoked without explanation, and only choice words were sprinkled that have burrowed like nettle in my mind. The months that followed were maddening in their confusion and dejection, and in the quiet of those colder months, Silhouettes on Silence was birthed. My soul was supported during those times by the saturation of grace that had been deposited lovingly by my Maker. I came to see much in this time, and it seemed I contemplated every last scenario, and every interaction humans might have. I concluded that the heart of man is unfathomably selfish and wicked, and that it is simply by an unknowably powerful grace that we might be saved from it. I purposed in my soul to live more according to this truth, and to not give to others what they deserve--what I deserve. I want to give grace.

This morning I was stirred again (intensely) because this ache is not gone, and a new one lies beside it. Imposed silence and a revoked explanation -- scenario two. I feel a bit of a heaving, and so I exhort you, as I do myself, to speak the truth, and of course with love. Any soul can weather truth, but what does a man do with silence?

All nature tells us of the value of cauterizing a wound; (searing it so that healing may occur) and I reiterate this for our speech and relationship. Ecclesiates 3:7b says there is "A time to be silent and a time to speak" and I pray we will labor to discern what might be the most loving, and least cowardly way of interacting with those of whom the Lord has given us.

I leave tomorrow for South Carolina and suppose this might be a downer post, and so I apologize. I crave in earnest that we might all attain to the standard which has been set, and so I grieve. Grace be with you all in uncharted measure.

2 comments:

  1. Harsh? Hardly. Honest? Most definitely, but framed well, wrapped in the Spirit....I am sorry for your disappointment; Walking in this flesh can prove to be disheartening at times; Praising God that He does not disappoint...

    ReplyDelete