Monday, September 27, 2010

I am blessed


It is raining this day, and after a month of heat, I welcome this repose. I am supposed to be getting ahead on homework, but it seems that is the last thing I am able to do. It has been busy here, and I've not taken proper time to process life events, so it seems this day is appointed for such things.

I've before mentioned a woman, unnamed, that the Lord brought into my life last year. He has so sovereignly used her, and it seems that He has tightly bound our hearts, and the hearts of her daughters to one another. I want to praise God this day for His unexpected provisions, blessings, and abundance in my life.

She is precious and wise. She knows me, and loves me. It was her appointed task yesterday to draw out, lightly chasten, and redirect my eyes to the truth I'd been unable to see in my life. I've known something was amiss, but I just couldn't pinpoint it. I was airing my heart of its aches and all of the things that seemed to be vacant therein, when she stopped me.

She opened to Colossians and pointed to a passage. "I pray this for you everyday, and it seems to me that God has been answering every request. Is there something I'm missing?"

(Please note that grace is an adorning wreath upon her, and these words brought immediate beauty back into view.) She continued to remind me that God works with us individually, and His blessing is often vacant in a material, literal way, and present in His communion and transmission of truth to our immortal spirits. I stand amazed at how blinded and deceived I've been in my thankless state. I've overlooked His favor in so many ways and disconcerted myself with what seemed to be missing and necessary to my finite mind. How many gifts lie strewn about our feet that serve as triplines in our quest for what lies just beyond! Perhaps it is only my thankless heart, but I think not.

He is, for those in Christ, interested more in conforming us to the image of His Son, than the image of our peers, friends, or culture. He will do what seems best to bring this about, and because He is good, we will be blessed. I am so thankful for this reminder, and couldn't help but share. For what are you thankful this day?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, such an amazing post!
    I'm sorry to say that you saw the one and only photo I took at Angie's shower. She asked McKenna and Maria to sing the song at the reception, so I will take lots more pictures then.
    It was a great shower. Angie got lots of beautiful kitchen items, which is good since Zach likes to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is, for those in Christ, interested more in conforming us to the image of His Son, than the image of our peers, friends, or culture. He will do what seems best to bring this about, and because He is good, we will be blessed.

    Amen! May we pursue Him first, with this in mind.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, my new friend!!! So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete