Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Well friend, I never did get to post you a note. I will commemorate you and your sweeties instead, and promise to pray sweet scriptures of grace to your soul.

I've been gripped with nostalgia this day, and the pitter of the rain has seemed to soften the sweltering state of my soul. Old friends glided through my mind and into the present with that captivating calm known only to familiar frames. I resound with you, Joyelle, and I pray that God might grant contented grace to consider the past with the relishing sort of glee that comes with fall, and stays until the present is tender enough to embrace again. While I seem to stand continually on the turnstyle of change, I am lingering a bit longer in memory, sampling those trusted delights of time worn fellowship crowned with understanding. What is this longing so deep, to be understood; to know and be known? Huh.

1 comment:

  1. Uhhhhh you speak of familiar things!
    Oh, and a resounding yes, Id love to hear from you!
    joyelle.sheagley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete