Monday, July 12, 2010

Here's one to any Montana friends that might view this blog ... A week or so ago I spied a name in the reservation computer at work that was entirely unique, and seemed to only possibly be connected to one [set] of person(s). This morning at work I greeted a couple by the name of Rocky and Joyelle Funk! Unfortunately for them they spent their honeymoon in the company of someone that knew them, but fortunately for myself, (and the rest of the crowd in the dining room,) the love of God was spread abroad in the hearts and minds of those present.

It was recently remarked that weddings and babies are consistently new to us, and regardless of their being present through the ages, they are ever fresh and wonderful. This young couple possessed a unique glow as they bowed this morning, and I believe the older folks present were actually taking note of some very distinct qualities radiant in them. My heart smiled deeply this day, and I took to prayer for the marriages in my life, and that they might not be weary or faint in their covenant, but resolved and strengthened in that harbor prepared as a refuge for their love.

4 comments:

  1. AHHHHHH... I love Joyelle and Rocky! I use to tell her all the time that she reminded me of you! How wonderful the body of Christ is... far reaching! Just hearing their name (together) brought joy to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer for such a sacred covenant! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, Maria commented about the similarities between you and Joyelle and I could see them.
    There is a lady in our town who people think is my sister. It's kind of fun. Now that I have dark hair I don't hear the comments any more. I suggested to Wendy that she go dark too....
    Maria just called me to tell me a cute story about Rocky and Joyelle.
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micah and Christa-- welcome!!! How wonderful it is to see your name on the screen :) They seem like a wonderful couple, and it did totally crack me up to see her, my professed twin, in PA at my place of employment on her honeymoon... Deb, you are great, and would also love the song "Prayer for Home" by Fernando Ortega who sings these words... and Denise, I think the lady should match your hair color... I am scared to think of having a twin! Bless you all

    ReplyDelete