Sunday, April 4, 2010


Sunrise service commenced the day, wherein the first lines of praise convicted my ill-prepared sanctuary. Too much doing, and too little margin where the days joys are simply insufficient fodder for the sin-cursed soul. The truths we sang were like seasoned wood which quickly ignited my fire. By the full dawn my heart was warm, and looking out at the sea of my Maker's face eased and pacified my cares. The sun continued rising, as the promise to the righteous, and at the noonday it seemed I might bust for all the joy. Delicious and wholesome spinach, meat and the like filled our stomachs, while the love-soaked day with the family of His selection filled my soul. Wood-splitting, frisbee, shotgun shooting, cartwheels, and satisfaction upon the faces of my young and exhausted cousins. Thank you God for all of your gifts, but none more than your Son who died so that I might live! Because He lives, I can face tomorrow! Much love to you my friends.

3 comments:

  1. Your Easter sounds wonderful, Nellie!

    He is risen; He is risen, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for His simple, mighty gifts....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find joy in the sunrise every day! (and find joy in the shotgun shooting, too - you make me smile!)

    ReplyDelete