Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I never know how to begin my words; thoughts huddle and fight to start, and as each pushes to the front, the other is crushed, and the one stretching farthest, bends and reaches upward, and out to meet you...

Last week I drove over the dam, only to find the moon suspended like a scoop of lemon, fading into a melted hue of pale. Her shape was strange, and her luster was muddled and eery as it spilled onto the reflected water. She seemed odd and comforting, but nothing more as I drove along.

The next night I left work vexed, and went again looking for the moon. The speckled vault was bent and boundless overhead, but that lustrous sliver was tucked away, and not even the denim sky had stains or splashes as a remnant of her light. I knew she must be there, I just could not see her.


Each day hereafter has been a fold in this patterned analogy, and the afterglow of night's lessons are gilding the fleeting moments that tend to drop in loss at the parting of a day.

The night after I couldn't find the moon, I was driving through the city at dusk. I imagined all of the cars, buildings, trees, and asphalt as one dimensional, and at once, in Light, all was rolled up, blazed, and gone. Suspended were the souls, and that Ineffable, Effulgent, Radiance that will dissolve the contents of the universe in a word--was upon us all.

My mind untucked the moon, and while her evasive stunts had left her unseen, her presence was sure. Analogies began sifting, and the words "all the vain things that charm me most" rolled down my mind and out my eyes at the thought of it all. All which I am to live for, is that which I cannot see, and as sure and faithful as the moon, sun, stars, and sky are to me, they too will be removed and cast aside. It is beyond them where truth lies, and they are the simple signposts intended to direct my faith eyes to the unchanging, unseen, and immutable truths that uphold this crazy world.



I hearken to you reader, for your soul, like mine--is daily given to something; be it the fleeting distractions that affix innocently to our eternal souls, or the indestructible and incorruptible that will lead us blameless into glory; at all times we are laying foundation for something. Faith is to give sight while on this sod, and her clarity dependently waxes and wanes as our moments unfold in the expression of our souls. There is so much more to this, but I am late for work... Richest blessings to all...

"Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Cor. 15:51-54).

2 comments:

  1. A wonder how you have one looking at the hatching moon, "and at once, in Light," this passage of it all does more than most of what one could even float for questing a full bodily sight to the light and shatters in standing and reaching in your writing.
    This is rich treat; now you'll said you're summoning more and when you do I this is a stark example of something of yours going places and exactly where it must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dfg (commenting so it's right)March 2, 2011 at 5:57 PM

    A wonder how you have one looking at the hatching moon, "and at once, in Light," this passage of it all does more than most of what one could even float for questing a full bodily sight to the light and shatters in standing and reaching in your writing.
    (I was caught up in it and coughed up the second more evincing paragraph hoping you would do more, sorry about that)
    This is a rich treat; now at the very end you said you're summoning more and when you do I see this is as a stark example of something of yours going places and exactly where it must!

    ReplyDelete