Sunday, December 19, 2010


An initial dullness seems to settle on me each time I finish a season of intensity and activity. I am presently there, and "Persuasion" was a welcomed edition to my night's activities. Creative juices are brewing and time is only needed for a bit more rumination until the push is on, and the products come forth. We creatures are habitually in need of reflection and afterthought, and as my Lord's birth is upon me, my days must slow as I condsider Him "from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name..." (Eph. 4:15)

I slept quite restlessly last night and the image pictured before I woke was of a man in a mauve vest, whose unspoken pronouncement was of the nature of my family's ties. I could not sleep longer and was quite groggy, so I rested my head and sipped my coffee to slow swigs of Ephesians. My eyes landed on the verse previously mentioned, and as quickly as my flesh had forgotten its Redemption, the Word soaked the cotton linens carelessly draping my eyes, and truth was so sweetly revealed to my condemned soul. Drink this my friends: "...so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works so that no one may boast."

Recently I've been camping on a concept that I'm believing the Lord is wanting us all to believe. The context is the 4th chapter of this sweet book, and it is surrounded by our knowing of this incredible, eternal love of God that is simply beyond knowledge--let alone the feeble attempts this penman has in writing--nevertheless... These past couple years have been cloaked in prayers of obscurity, unbelief, and despair, but recently, in a shower of answered prayer, the Lord has graciously delivered my mind from its restless questioning of His goodness. I am again in the "hill country of perfect trust," and while my faith is far from complete, its object is restored in my mind's eye, as that which is most lovely and perfect in its allotment to this creature.

Vs. 20 says, "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."(4:20-21).

In ways, I believe I have been crippled without my knowing. I have been limping and lame and asking questions as an illegimate child, and not a son; the blood that has redeemed us is perfect though, and when we ask, let us ask in faith, without any doubting (James 1-regarding wisdom)... If you abide in Me, and My word abides in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." (John 15:7) These here are some serious statements that I faintly utter as unbelief and false humility occlude my eyes, and but I am stepping out here folks, and praying back hell, with that power mentioned above... We want His glory, and not nearly to the degree that He vies for it, so let us pray according to that word which is in us, and as we wait, may we expect to see exceedingly, abundantly beyond all that we ask or think... Praise You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment